Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone!  I know that everyone is blogging about their New Year's resolutions, so I thought I would throw my hat in the ring.  Instead of telling you all the personal ones (really there are only so many times one should have to read "I want to lose weight" or "I'll go to the gym more"), I've broken this into 20 goals for the business and 11 items I would like to purchase with business funds in 2011.  I'll do my best to keep this updated as I go through the list.  Are you ready?  Here we go!

To Do:
1.   Redesign line-ily.com (done 2/3/11)
2.   Finish classes with all A/A+grades...this one is semi personal but will GREATLY benefit the business
3.   Post a blog at least twice a week for 50 weeks (1/50 complete) 110 times this year (13/110)
4.   Order business cards
5.   Set up a Facebook account for Line-ily
6.   Relocate
7.   Buy a PO box
8.   Gross $2000 minimum
9.   Avoid purchasing unnecessary items with business funds
10. Make custom thank you and holiday cards
11. Improve the Website Grader rating to at least a 70 and be in the top 35% with Alexa rankings (current ratings are 58 and 23.41% respectively 3/5/11)
12. Get Etsy shop up and running
13. Participate more actively in the design community
14. Figure out how SEO works and attempt to implement strategies
15. Do at least one "fun" project
16. Take more (good) pictures
17. Attend a design conference or lecture OR make serious plans to attend one in 2012
18. Tweet at least 3 times a week, without tweeting too much (10/52)
19. Attend at least one paper show
20. Organize work area and keep it that way

To Buy (or build):
1.   A magazine subscription to How (I miss reading it)
2.   A drying rack for screen printing projects
3.   A paper organizer of sorts for the mass amounts of paper I've collected over the years
4.   A new desk
5.   A new desk chair
6.   Several work related books
7.   A bookshelf for the massive quantity of books that I already have
8.   A new Mac
9.   CS6 (if it comes out in 2011)
10. Inks, emulsion, other supplies for the Yudu
11. A stock photography subscription

No comments:

Post a Comment