Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On being in a bit of a rut

Hey everyone.  So I am having an off week.  I feel like for every 2 great weeks I have, I have an off week.  I'm there.  I'm doing something at work that takes a lot more focus than what I'm used to, which means I've brought my ipod in and while it does help me crank out some epic documents, I think I would die of embarrassment if anyone caught me rocking out to The Phantom of the Opera or Moulin Rouge (who knows what I'll listen to tomorrow...) and it does make for some very long days.  I've hardly gotten any hw done this week and its just weighing on me.  Its silly but I do Weight Watchers (13.6 pounds to go) and if I don't eat right, I feel guilty.  If I don't work out, I feel worse.  If I do work out, I feel like I should have spent the time doing hw (and vice versa) and then I eat poorly from the stress and we're back to square one.  It may seem silly but that is simply how I work.  I'm starting to look for an apartment to lease starting this summer and the combination of things is weighing heavily on me (literally and figuratively speaking).  I'm looking forward to a bit of homework catch up on Friday since it seems like I'm simply not able to get anything done in the evenings here.  Hopefully I can get lots done this weekend since its free and I have a date day planned next Saturday.

I have to say a bit on twitter tonight.  Now I've used Twitter since...well before most of my friends knew what Twitter was.  Let me see that would be....summer 2007?  I think.  Anyhow, I have a personal twitter account which I really don't update too much anymore, and then there's the lineily one, which I honestly set up to get the company more established, network with other designers and artists and just really get the most of it.  Which is weird because with the personal one, I was a bit of a snob with who I allowed to follow me and who I followed and what not.  That's not to say I'm still not a snob about it, I am very selective of who I follow although Joe Blow can follow me and I won't stop him.  On the other hand tweeting at some people, I'll look at my comment later and its like "was that really necessary" and then other days there will be this great back and forth or I'll be able to helps someone with my limited web knowledge and its like "this is it, this is why I do what I do."  And I love every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment